"We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want" - Lao Zi, the Dao de Ching

"Death is an incident producing clay. Use it, mold it, learn from it." - John Gilling


Some stories are better told in... ceramic vessels



I am based in Weston, Ma

email: docsheiman@gmail.com

*[I apologize for the rather outlandish pictures of my pieces in my blog. I took the images before I knew anything about photography...]*

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bonsai

So I just wanted to make a quick little post on a hobby I have had for many years. It is an ancient art called "Bonsai" which literally translated into "tray growing." Trees are confined into small pots and their branches are wired and foliage cut into aesthetic and pleasing forms. Here is a bonsai tree I created. The tree I found in the wild! I am wondering if I should start making my own bonsai pots. It would be cool to design my own!  


No comments:

Post a Comment